Saturday, June 2nd, 11-3 pm
Lots of great things are happening as a result of a recent Open Streets Grant awarded to the City of Albert Lea! Here are some talking points to tell your friends or anyone else who might be interested:
- Only 4 communities in the state received and Open Streets Grant! We continue to be recognized for our healthy living initiatives.
- Sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota…$9,600 Grant
- Closed Streets: Bride Ave from Marshal to Fountain, and Fountain Street from Bridge to Washington.
- Dedication of the Blue Zones Walkway at Fountain Lake Park at 11am.
- Dan Buettner will be with us to Celebrate.
- Followed by the Kick-off of “Moai’s in Motion”
- If you are interested in joining a Moai you can call Albert Lea Parks and Rec and sign up or do so on June 2nd.
- Come out and play in the streets and experience our beautiful community in a new way.
- Bikes, skateboards, strollers, wheelchairs, roller skates, sneakers….everything but cars will be out and about.
- If you want to try your hand at being a street musician your neighbors would LOVE that!
- Make at least one new friend. Maybe two.
- Activities will take place all along the walkway. Canoes and Kayaks at the Beach, activities at both the Boathouse and Lakeview Park, demonstrations of our Sample Saturday Series on Katherine and Dress Islands and much more.
- All activities are interactive and free….. So enjoy your day and get involved.
- Businesses along the route have been invited to participate. Who knows what each might choose to do?
- National Vitality Center will open from 12-2 for tours.