Projects and Funding
*Community projects will be listed as completed.
Special priorities for funding are:
- Worksite Wellness Projects (for employers involved in the Healthy Freeborn County: Achieving Wellness in the Workplace coalition)
- Biking/walking initiatives and other projects which encourage non-motorized transportation. (Active Community)
- Comprehensive nutrition policies and Farm-to-School initiatives in our schools. (Schools)
- Policies that facilitate active referrals between health care providers and local resources. (Healthcare)
- Environmental changes that promote School Gardens, Farmer’s Markets and community connectedness.
Maximum for workplace wellness–related projects is $2,000. Per worksite.
Other Funding Sources:
Pioneering Healthy Communities Mini-Grants
(Contact Dennis Dieser at the Albert Lea Family YMCA: 507-373-8228)